Register to vote:
Click here to register and/or update your information with Elections Saskatchewan. By registering in advance, you are making sure your name is on the voters list, which will make it easier and quicker for you to vote!
When do I vote?
By-election day is September 7, 2017. Voting is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Advance voting is also available on the following dates/times:
- Thursday, August 31, 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday, September 1, 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, September 2, Noon to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, September 3, Noon to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 5, 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The advance voting location is Confederation Mall, 300 Confederation Drive
All eligible voters can vote at the advance poll.
Where do I vote on September 7th?
On by-election day (September 7), voters must vote at their assigned polling location. Voters have three options for finding where to vote on September 7:
- Check your mail for your Voter Information Card (VIC). It should arrive in your mailbox the week of August 21.
- Use the Poll Finder Tool here. Just drop a pin on your address in the map and your polling location appears
- Call Elections Saskatchewan at 1-877-958-8683
What ID do I need to bring?
You need ID to vote. Click here to see what types of identification are acceptable.
Can I vote in this by-election?
To vote you must be a resident of the Saskatoon Fairview provincial constituency, and:
- Be a Canadian citizen;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Have lived in Saskatchewan for at least the six months before the date the election or by-election is called;
- Ordinarily be a resident of Saskatchewan.
You can also vote if:
- you are a British subject who was qualified as a voter on June 23, 1971
- you meet the residency requirements stated above.